Latex Mattress Toppers Reviews (and Buying Tips)
Last Updated on
Have you been searching for best latex mattress toppers and cannot decide what to buy online? It can be a bit frustrating as every mattress topper makes the same claim. However, there is no need to fret because we have done the work for you. After thorough research, we have narrowed the list down to the five best toppers you can buy. We also have a detailed guide if you want to know more about mattress toppers in general.
The Table of Contents
- 1 Our Recommended 5 Best Latex Mattress Toppers
- 2 Best Latex Mattress Toppers Reviews
- 2.1 Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper – Soft – 2″ Queen Size
- 2.2 Ultimate Dreams Queen 3″ Talalay Latex Medium Mattress Topper
- 2.3 Certified Organic Latex Mattress Topper by Organic Textiles
- 2.4 2 Inch 100% Natural Latex Foam Mattress Pad Topper, Queen
- 2.5 Serenia Sleep Dunlop Latex 2-Inch Easy Flip Mattress Pad Topper with Cover, Full
- 3 Video: How to choose the right one Latex Mattress Topper
- 4 The Benefits of Latex Mattress Toppers
- 5 What You Need to Check Before Buying
- 6 Conclusion
Our Recommended 5 Best Latex Mattress Toppers
We do not want to waste your time, so let’s introduce our recommended top 5 latex mattress toppers in the following table. We have also discussed on our recommended products after the table, where you can get the idea about the toppers.
- Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper - Soft - 2" Queen Size-41%Ultimate Dreams Queen 3" Talalay Latex Medium Mattress Topper-10%Pure Organic Latex Mattress Topper Queen Size 2 Inch Medium Firm Covered in Strong Premium Organic Cotton, Superior Pressure Relieving, Made in USAUltimate Sleep 2 Inch 100% Natural Latex Foam Mattress Pad Topper, QueenSerenia Sleep Dunlop Latex 2-Inch Easy Flip Mattress Pad Topper with Cover, King
The above product information is showing from Amazon through Amazon API and updated today.
Best Latex Mattress Toppers Reviews
So, you got the list of top 5. You can make your decision on those products yourself. Or check a short review by us below:
Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper – Soft – 2″ Queen Size
The Pure Green Topper was designed with comfort in mind. The topper is made from natural latex, so you’re not getting any artificial filler here. At 2 inches thick, the Pure Green provides just the right level of support and makes your bed more comfortable. The name Pure Green is not coincidental either as the topper is eco-friendly.
Emphasis is placed on comfort, but it also gives you plenty in the resiliency and elasticity departments. The Pure Green has a 20 ILD firmness rating, so it is right between supportive and firm. We also want to point out this latex foam is hypoallergenic, resistant to dust mites and has antimicrobial properties.Check Price on Amazon
Ultimate Dreams Queen 3″ Talalay Latex Medium Mattress Topper
This bamboo latex topper has many things going for it, and that includes resiliency. The topper is comfortable, but it doesn’t sag or flatten even with constant use. Since the topper is hypoallergenic it is suitable for those who have allergies. We also have to say the topper provides the right level of support for your back, eliminating body aches and pains.
All good toppers provide some sort of relief, but the Talalay latex has been developed so it provides up to 35% more relief compared to fiber and foam toppers. If you want to sleep in luxury, this is it.Check Price on Amazon
Certified Organic Latex Mattress Topper by Organic Textiles
This is a pure organic cotton topper with no synthetic or chemical elements. 2 inches thick, it has an ILD rating of 24-28 measuring 60 x 80 inches, and the topper is also eco-friendly. The topper is built for durability and has antimicrobial properties and it is also dust mite resistant and is 100% hypoallergenic.
One of the things you will notice with the topper is it has air ventilation, and this translates to a more comfortable sleep. Because it doesn’t have any chemical additives there is none of that foul odor common in most toppers, pads, and mattresses.Check Price on Amazon
2 Inch 100% Natural Latex Foam Mattress Pad Topper, Queen
The 2-inch mattress topper from Ultimate Sleep was designed with different types of sleepers in mind. The highlight here is its 100% natural latex content. Whether you opt for the 2, 3 or 4-inch variant, you’re going to get the same level of comfort. This is not shocking at all considering the topper is constructed from all natural green 4.75 lb. latex.
Like all good toppers, it is hypoallergenic and suitable for those with allergies. Couple that with its ventilation and you’ll be sleeping comfortably. Unlike other toppers, there is just the right balance of firmness and softness here.Check Price on Amazon
Serenia Sleep Dunlop Latex 2-Inch Easy Flip Mattress Pad Topper with Cover, Full
Made from rubber tree sap, the Serenia latex topper is hypoallergenic and built with durability in mind. If you’re allergic to dust mites and don’t fancy buying a new mattress, this topper is the solution. At 2 inches thick it’s exactly what your body needs for a more restful sleep.
One of the reasons why people buy toppers is to get relief for the pressure on their back, neck or shoulders. That is what the Serenia topper can do and does it well. We also want to add the topper is reversible so you can use it for a long time.Check Price on Amazon
Video: How to choose the right one Latex Mattress Topper
Before starting the details discussion about Latex Mattress Topper, let’s check this video to know how to choose the right one Latex Mattress Topper.
The Benefits of Latex Mattress Toppers
This section can help the people those who do not know about this product. It’s always good to know about a product’s benefits before buy.
More and more people now use mattress toppers, and for many reasons:
- It helps preserve the mattress. Even the best mattresses get worn out, but a topper can help preserve it.
- A used mattress tends to shrink. As it gets lower, some people find it hard to get off the bed. A 2-inch mattress adds extra height so it’s easier to get on or off it.
- Mattress toppers are hypoallergenic. If you are allergic to dust mites and other particles that end up on the mattress, a topper presents the ideal solution.
- Is your mattress worn out but don’t want to buy a new one yet? Just add a topper and it feels brand new.
- Most mattress toppers are adjustable. They either have ventilation or designed to be breathable. In other words, it’s going to keep you warm during the cold days and keep you cool during those hot summer days.
- Most toppers are eco-friendly. You are not only doing your part for the environment, but this also means they’re free of harsh chemicals.
These are just some of the benefits that come from using latex topper. If you read the reviews above, there are additional features unique for each topper.
What You Need to Check Before Buying
This is the important part of this article. Here you can get an idea what you need to check before buying a latex toppers.
The topper needs to be the same size as your mattress. The nice thing about toppers is they’re sold in all sizes; the king, California king, queen, full and twin. Some are even available as XL twin, XXL twin, XL full etc. Read the product description to find out.
Toppers are usually 2 inches thick, but others are 3 to 4 inches. This is really a matter of personal preference. Most people are happy with a 2-inch topper, but if you need additional comfort or your mattress is worn out, a 3 or 4-inch topper may be more appropriate.
Would you buy a product from an unknown brand? If you are like most people the answer is no. You need to have the same mindset when it comes to buying a mattress topper. Do not settle for anything less than the best brand or manufacturer you can find.
It might be tempting to settle for a cheap mattress topper from an unknown band. However, the amount you pay for a good topper will be worth it as the material will last longer.
Does the mattress topper get good reviews? What do people have to say about it? Is the topper comfortable? Does it last? Does it provide relief for back pain and help people sleep better? These are the questions that will be answered in customer reviews, hence their importance.
Design and Composition
Even if you limit your choice to just latex, there are a lot of options to choose from. As the product reviews here show, manufacturers have come up with different designs to make their products stand out. Compare the features and make sure it has what you’re looking for.
Go with the Essential Features
While toppers come with all kinds of features, it is better to stick with the essentials. List all the features you’re looking for and if it fits your budget, go for it. We all have our ideas of what to get, but the most important are the following.
- Decide on the density / thickness rating
What are Density Ratings?
The density rating refers to the thickness of the topper. The higher the density rating, the thicker the topper is. Just like with mattresses, this is a matter of personal preference. Here are some guidelines:
- If you have back problems, look for a high-density topper. A softer topper may feel better at first, but eventually, it’s going to take its toll.
- A higher density topper is ideal if your main concern is durability.
- A low-density topper is more appropriate if comfort is your main concern.
- The general rule is a 3 or 4-inch topper is suitable for those with back aches. If you have no problems with your back, a 2-inch topper is better.
The Soft vs. Firm Debate
This debate has been going on since there have been toppers, and it continues to this day. However, the choice is really up to you. Rather than listen to what other people say, you should listen to what your body is telling you.
- A firm mattress topper provides support for your back, neck and shoulders.
- A soft topper contours to your body’s shape and allows for more comfortable sleep. Side sleepers generally prefer soft toppers. Those who sleep on their belly are better off with a firm mattress topper.
- If you have a slipped disc or feeling discomfort in your spine, a firm mattress topper is the best option. Toppers with high-density ratings are going to sooth the pain on your back and help you sleep better.
These are just some of the factors that determine what topper you should get. In addition to the factors we have mentioned, we also have to consider the status of your mattress. If you have a back problem and getting treatment for it, you should consult your doctor or chiropractor for advice on what topper to use.
Types of Mattress Topper Fills
Our focus here is on latex, but we would be remiss if we did not mention the other types of toppers you can buy. Can’t make up your mind what type to buy? Here is a quick guide.
Latex is comfortable, versatile and eco-friendly. They are firm and provide good support for your body. These toppers are made from high-quality materials and often don’t have any chemical smells.
Toppers with a cooling gel are ideal if you sweat during sleep. If it is hot in your area or your body temperature goes up when in bed, a cooling gel topper could be the solution.
A lot of mattresses are made from memory foam, so it is not surprising that some toppers are of them as well. Memory foam is comfortable, durable and offers good support. The drawbacks with memory foam are, it traps body heat and often comes with a smell when first unpacked.
A pillow topper is cheaper than most other mattress toppers. However, it is not as thick and doesn’t give the same level of support that other toppers do. If you have never tried one of these before, a pillow top is a good place to start.
Feather toppers are often comprised of goose feathers. This alone tells you how cozy it is. However, the support it provides is not as good as that of latex. The biggest disadvantages are one, goose feather toppers are expensive, and second, these are not hypoallergenic. If you have allergies, the feather is not for you.
Fiber simulates the feel of feathers, but it is hypoallergenic and is more contemporary in design. It is not as expensive as goose feather and offers better support. If you prefer the feel of feather minus the price, fiber is a good substitute.
Wool is reliable and does an excellent job of keeping you warm during the summer. Furthermore, wool mattress toppers are going to keep you comfortable during the cold months. Wool mattress toppers are durable and built to last. However, wool toppers can be hard to place on a mattress.
A lot of mattress toppers are labeled organic, and what that means is it is made either of wool or latex. It is not easy to locate genuine organic toppers, but the reputable brands do offer them. If you cannot find one, the “green” ones are a good alternative and just as comfortable.
We are also sharing a video below from youtube, where you can get more idea about the latex mattress toppers.
As these latex mattress toppers reviews have shown, some toppers are better than others. In terms of quality, these mattress toppers may look the same, but the makeup and composition vary significantly. It is our hope that the information here has provided you with insights to finding the right topper.