Size Difference Between Queen and Full
Queen and Full are the most commonly used size. They have many similarities between them. They look very close but there is the size difference between queen and full. In this article, we will discuss briefly Queen and Full size.
The Table of Contents
We hope after reading this article the size and other differences between Queen and Full are clear to you. Let’s start one by one:
Understanding the Queen Size
Queen sizes are the most popular bed among the people. Its popularity starts to increase after the 1950s and then many developments give it today’s shape. A modern Queen size bed is 60 inches wide and 80 inches in length. In centimeter calculation it stands, 153 cm. wide and 203 cm. long. That means the width per person is 27 inches/ 68.8 cm. Queen size bed covers 4,800 square inches surface area. So, you need a minimum 9 feet wide and 11 feet long bedroom to fit a Queen size bed.
Queen size beds are suitable for the medium size bedrooms and guestrooms. A couple or those who share their beds with pets or children can comfortably sleep on it. It is also long enough to sleep for most people. Queen size beds are widely available. Its set-up accessories are cheap than the comparisons of King and California King size beds. The average price range of a Queen size bed is $800-$1200.
Read also: Best Queen Mattress Under $500.
Below we make a list of the pros and cons of Queen size:
Pros of Queen Size:
- Extra space: Queen size beds provide enough space for individual people to sleep. 60” * 80” dimension of its also suitable for the couple’s sleeper. The size of its appropriate for almost every bedroom.
- Wide availability: Queen size beds are commonly used by the people. For this reason, it is widely available everywhere. All of the brands make this size bed. So, you don’t need to be suffered to find a Queen size bed for you.
- Long enough for most people: Queen size beds are 80 inches in length. It is good enough for taller people to sleep well without feeling their feet inclined off the bed’s edge.
Cons of Queen-size:
- Higher price-point: Queen-size bed is a little bit expensive. It is tough to afford for the middle- and lower-income people. Good brand’s Queen size mattress costs $1500 which is $100 to $400 more costly than Twin, Twin XL, and Full-size bed.
- More space required: You should require a minimum of 9 feet wide and 11 feet long space to place a Queen-size bed. If you live in a smaller size room then it is not ideal for you. You can choose another size which needs less space than Queen-size.
- Relatively heavy: The weight of a Queen size bed is around 100 pounds. So, it is a difficult task for a single person to move it one-handedly. He/ she needs to wait for the help of a partner. Sometimes, it is so embarrassing to seek help for moving a bed.
Understanding the Full Size
Full size is also called ‘Double’. The standard size of Full is 75 inches long and 54 inches wide. In centimeters, Full sizes are 137 cm. wide and 190 cm. long. They cover a total of 4,050 square inches surface. Full-size beds are fitted nicely into 10 feet long and 8.25 feet wide rooms. It allows 30 inches/ 76 cm width per person. In modern days, Full sizes are less popular due to the rise of Queen, King and California King sizes beds.
Full-size beds are the perfect choice for those who live in small space rooms. Average height one adult or two teenagers can comfortably sleep on it. This size beds are mostly used in commercial accommodations, such as college dormitories, healthcare facilities, and double-bed hotel rooms for their small space fitting advantage. They are comparatively lighter in weight and cheaper in price than the Queen, King and California King sizes beds. You need to spend an average of $550 to $800 for purchasing a Full-size bed. It is widely available too.
Below we make a list of the pros and cons of Full size:
Pros of Full size:
- Less space required: You require less space than Queen, King, and California King sizes to place a Full-size bed. They are relatively shorter and thinner than these sizes. You can place a Full-size bed in smaller dimensions’ bedroom.
- Lower price-point: You can find a Full-size bed only by spending $400- $500. It is considerably cheaper in comparison to other beds. Though the average price point of a Full-size bed varies by some factors such as mattress type, brand, model, etc. A Full- size bed is very much affordable for lower- and middle-income people.
- Extra space for single sleepers: A Full- size bed is perfect for a single sleeper. It has extra space than the Twin and Twin XL that allows a single sleeper to sleep more comfortably. The width and length of Full- size beds are more than enough for single sleepers.
- Wide availability: Full- size is one of the commonly used beds all over the world. These size beds are widely available. You can easily find a Full- size bed and its accessories in your nearest retail store.
- Lighter and easier to move: Average weight of a Full- size bed is less than 80 pounds. So, it is not so very difficult to move it. A single person can easily move it without the help of another person.
Cons of Full size:
- Not couple-friendly: Full-size bed is perfect for the single sleeper but it is true that they are not designed for couple sleepers. More than one person cannot sleep on it. So, those who share their beds with partners, pets, or children, a Full-size bed is not appropriate for them.
- Too small for larger rooms: If you live in a larger space house then a Full-size bed is not suitable for your bedroom. This type of beds is good for the small size bedroom. In a large bedroom, they are not suited well.
- Too short for exceptionally tall people: Full-size beds are short for above 6 feet taller people. They may feel uncomfortable to sleep on this size bed.
The above brief description of Queen and Full size give you a clear concept about them. Below we also make a table that helps you to realize the size and other differences between Queen and Full:
|Width (Centimeters)||153 cm||137 cm|
|Length (Centimeters)||203 cm||190 cm|
|Width Per Person||30Inches/ 76Cm||27Inches/ 68.8Cm|
|Surface Area||4,800 Square Inches||4,050 Square Inches|
|Ideal Bedroom Size||Minimum: 9 ft. wide x 11 ft. long||Minimum: 8.5 ft. wide x 10.25 ft. long|
|Cost of Accessories||Accessories of a Queen bed are less expensive comparing to King size bed but more expensive to comparing to Twin or Full beds.||Accessories of the Full bed are cheaper than Queen size bedding accessories but expensive than Twin size bedding accessories.|
|Popularity||32% All of the Purchase||21% All of the Purchase|
|Best for||Couples and those who share their bed with children or pets|
|Single adults who have small bedrooms/limited space|
|General Use||Generally, people use this bed in guest or smaller master bedroom.||It is for a small space room. One adult or two teenagers can use this bed comfortably.|
|Comfortably Fits||The Single sleeper who prefers abundant space or couples that do not require much extra space.||The Single sleeper is average height and prefers some extra sleeping space.|
|Average Price Range||$800 to $1,200||$550 to $800|
|Size differential||The Queen is 5 inches longer than the Full, and 6 inches wider.||The Full is 5 inches shorter in length than a Queen, and 6 inches narrower.|
|Summary||A Queen is a grand dame who needs no other name.||The full size is often referred to as a double bed. In America, it is the same sized bed. In Europe, double beds vary in size.|
This table shows us that the Queen size is a bit larger than the Full size. They have a slightly sized difference. Queen sizes are 5 inches longer and 6 inches wider than Full size.
We are very sure that our article will be helpful for you to understand the size differences between Queen and Full.
Hi, everybody! I’m Hasibur Rahman, the owner, and author of MattressesGuide.com.
I love to work with furniture products as it was my family business and I learn that since my childhood. As mattresses and beds are a part of the furniture industry, I also start learning about them and start writing on reviews and other topics. I share my reviews and articles on this website. I hope you are enjoying reading them.
Please let me know your feedback and share me if you need anything else.